Thursday, August 20, 2009

Upon request and suggestion

Since Mr. Mong has suggested an idea.

An idea to how we can improve the quality of the teacher's teaching way, to be precise.

I felt that I should voice out my opinions and ideas. Please do tell me or write in the chatbox at the side if you, too, have an idea or/and suggestion that you think would help.


I will only comment on teachers I think who needs improvement.

First. I would like to comment on our math teacher, Pn. Rahmah, also the class teacher.

She's kind and patient, no doubt about it, but perhaps a little TOO kind. She needs to be a little more fierce and strict with the students. (Everyone's gonna kill me)
And maybe she should bring a speaker and a microphone to class and teach, because her voice is sort of soft. Me, being a student who sits at the FRONTEST FRONT row could barely hear what she's saying. She needs to borrow some of Puan. Lakshmi's internal 'chi'. I guess that's all for her.

Now secondly, Mr. Chan. Our add math teacher.

A little similar to Puan Rahmah's case. His voice is a little soft too. No offense, but sometimes he's like talking to the whiteboard and completely oblivious of what the students are doing. He, too, needs to be a little more strict and fierce. He needs to control the class a little bit. Well, not a little bit, A LOT.

Thirdly, our Sejarah teacher.

She too, is also a kind teacher, but a little too kind most of the times. I start to wonder perhaps it's the students who needs to change also uh? Anyway, she needs to write more things on the board and let us copy, instead of talking most of the time. A professor once carried out a research. A person only absorbs 10~20% of what he/she is hearing. So she should implement the visual and kinesthetic elements into her teaching method by requiring us to write at least A LITTLE LITTLE BIT on every lesson. (They're gonna kill me for this too)


Anyway, this is it for now. Perhaps I'll post when I have more ideas. =)


Wayne, slashing off.
_____________

No comments:

Post a Comment